The Mission has been in operation for 42 years and is supported by the Samoa Consulate-General in Auckland. The Samoa High Commission is responsible to the Government of Samoa through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. It was established to promote Samoa’s interests in economics, trade, tourism, as well as political and security objectives. The Mission also provides Consular services to Samoan nationals and foreigners travelling to Samoa.
- H.E Leasi Papali’i Tommy Scanlan (17 April 2012), High Commissioner and Dean of Diplomatic Corps since 2017
- Mr Robert Aiono, Counsellor and Deputy Head of Mission
- Mr Tau Jurgen Kappus, First Secretary
The High Commissioner’s CV can be viewed here.
Consulate-General of Samoa, Auckland
- Mr Faaolotoi Reupena Pogi, Consul-General
- Mr Magele Mauiliu Magele, Consul (Trade)
- Mr Sonny Rivers, Vice-Consul (Tourism)